Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Living La Vida London: Day 5

I am currently debating as to whether or not I want to puke, but in the best way possible. I'll get to that later, though.

I really was planning on getting up early today and going to a museum or something, but I was too tired from having to read that blasted story for my class. So I slept in. I did my daily trek to Starbucks and then headed to class where we talked about that blasted story I just mentioned. I really am enjoying my time in the classroom; my professor is so delightful and is a big nerd just like me.

After class, I headed to Westminster Abbey with the same group I went around with a couple of nights ago. There was so much to see and I really did enjoy seeing it again, but I wish we had more time to look at everything and take the audio tour. We instead decided to walk around on our own and take in what we could. I so wanted to be able to recall all the information I learned in my history of England class I took my freshman year of college. Alas, I could only recall a few pieces of information. Although we could not take pictures inside the building, I managed to take a few where they were permitted.




I would also like to briefly mention how incredibly humid it is in London at the moment. It's not the kind of humid I am used to experiencing back home in Texas, it's actually a really swampy type of humidity. I have to end each day with a shower because I feel so sweaty and gross! Not a single person mentioned that it would be like this, so all I have are jeans and dresses that I have to wear leggings with. I planned that one well. I'm not complaining so much as making an observation, but just for future reference: if you come to good old London Town around this time of year, be prepared to sweat. 

All of us who are heading to Paris next weekend had a meeting this evening about the logistics of said trip, and we then got to pick our roommates if we wanted- otherwise, we would have been places with whoever didn't sign up to have a roommate of their choice. I'm rooming with a lady named Carolyn who's here all the way from Alaska! She's been really cool so far, so I think it will all go over nicely. 

The group of us who went to Westminster decided we were all hungry and wanted some food at a good old fashioned sit-down restaurant, so we set out for the hunt. We ended up walking more than necessary, but settled on a small pancake place called "My Old Dutch Pancake House." Guys. Seriously. No words. This place has sweet pancakes and pancakes that have fish and pancakes that have lamb... any kind of pancake you could dream up, you can have. I, of course, had the four cheese pancake with a- wait for it- NUTELLA milkshake. Obviously my life was made for the day.  
Now I know you can't really tell from this picture, but this pancake was the mother of all pancakes size-wise. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the pancake might have been about a foot and a quarter in circumference. Yes, I did finish it, but only to say that I did it. It was delicious, but I'm not in a sort of food coma until further notice. If you're ever in London, hit this place up. You will not regret it.





Now I'm settling down to hopefully make some headway on my next reading assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment