Sunday, March 16, 2014

To Grant on His Birthday:

I know this isn't post all of you were waiting for (I haven't really rested since I started spring break and I haven't uploaded pictures yet) but I just wanted to take a moment and say how much I love my brother Grant.

Today is his sixteenth birthday and I am so glad that he wasn't a girl like my parents had hoped he'd be. Sure, having a sister seems nice to most people, but I've never really wanted one because I have Grant. He's the one who will watch Reese Witherspoon chick flicks with me. He's the one that will go anywhere I will go because he just wants to be with me. He's the one who always greets me with "Sissy!" when I come home or talk to him on the phone. He will sing "Popular" from Wicked in public with no shame. He is unapologetically and unabashedly himself.

I love him and hope that he never changes because he's the best sixteen year old brother out there. Anyone who thinks or feels differently is wrong.

I wish I could call and tell him all this, but he's out partying it up on a cruise.

Happy Birthday, Bubba!


No comments:

Post a Comment