Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Concrete Jungle: Day 3

Today was much more relaxed than the past two days I've had here.

My dad and I decided to honor the request of my mom and make the pilgrimage to Carlo's Bake Shop in Hoboken, New Jersey. We thought that it would take a really long time to get there, but it turns out that it was basically just a matter of getting to the train station and taking a few right turns once we got across the river to Hoboken. I was told beforehand that there would be a line out the door, so I would need to wait about half an hour or so. But when we got there, the line was only to the inside of the door.



The inside of the bakery- taken while waiting in line.


He's usually checking e-mail and stuff while we wait for things. You know, important dad stuff.



That spread, though.

We then went back to our hotel room and tried to decide on something else to do... only we didn't actually go out again until dinner. We entertained the idea of going to Louis Armstrong's home, but that was an hour away. We then thought about the Natural History Museum, but that wasn't particularly interesting to us either. So dad took a nap and I dozed for a bit. 

After we ate dinner, we headed to the theatre and found out that Lorde was performing across the street. So many hipsters and little girls all over the place. I mean, we are in New York City, so the hipster thing is a a given. It was still interesting to see all the different variations of hipster and little girl were waiting to see her.


Next we came upon what I had been waiting for all day: the Neil Simon theatre where we would partake in the experience that is All the Way.


It was about three hours long, but was one of the best shows I've ever seen. It was a ride from start to finish and the entire cast was brilliant. I can't sing its praises enough. I will say this, though: if you are in NYC while this show is happening, SEE IT.

So did I meet Bryan Cranston? You bet your sweet bippy I did. He is one of the most warm and kind individuals I think I will ever meet. He touch my hand while signing my playbill. He smiled at me. He addressed me directly. He looked me in the eye when speaking to me. You know that he wants you to feel important no matter how many other people are looking to get his attention. He is the kind of performer I want to be, not just because he really is engaging onstage, but because he's the kind of person you want as your friend, uncle, or in my case, back up dad. I love my dad more than any other dad out there, but if something were to happen to mine, I would want Bryan Cranston to be my dad. Could I continue counting the ways I adore and admire Mr. Cranston? Probably. But I'll just let you look at the pictures.



They wouldn't let you take pictures with him, so I don't have any selfies or anything with him. Just know that I love him and that I met him. He's wonderful.


One of the best shows ever.


Time Square was super busy tonight. There's a lot going on.

It's been a wonderful trip and it'll be sad for it to end tomorrow, but I'm so glad that I got to do all that I've done thus far. I can't thank my parents enough for doing all this for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment