Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Living La Vida London: Day 19

I met someone today, but I'll get to that later.

Today was full of anger, frustration, and heartache all because of this stupid paper I have to write for my class. I got it done, but not without much difficulty. I made myself a promise that if I finished my paper I could go see a play, so I finished the first draft of my paper and headed out to see The Hothouse starring John Simm who plays the Master in Doctor Who.

 I was under the impression that the play was about policeman or something, but was pleased to find that it's about people working at an asylum. This sneaky picture of the set sort of shows how it's set up like one of those auditoriums that they used to view medical procedures in, which kid of gives you a unique perspective regarding the play because you never actually see a single "patient," only the people who work there.
The show was brilliant and I think I found another play that I would eventually like to direct. The man pictured below is Simon Russell Beale who is apparently a pretty prolific stage actor. It makes sense because he was hilarious but was also able to give a poignant performance.


And this is the part where I tell you about the guy I met and pretty much fell in love with. 

 This guy was an absolute joy to watch onstage. He's almost 24 and was not onstage that much, but when he was I was captivated. Now, I initially could not think of where I recognized him from so at intermission the Wi-fi gods saw fit to bless me with some service and I found out that this is Harry Melling... Dudley Dursley from the Harry Potter films. I could not believe that I had unwittingly seen a play that had yet another Harry Potter film child in it! But I'm basically obsessed with him as of tonight and I plan on going back another evening to get another picture with him because I'm that in love. I'm not sorry about this Mum and Dad. Basically, #sorrynotsorry for all you hashtaggers out there.

One of the coolest parts of the night though was meeting this girl named Quincey who is originally from Seattle and just finished her master's program at the Royal College of Music in piano performance and both deciding that it was a good idea to try and get a picture with Bonnie Wright, as she's also in a production in London. We had to take the Tube to a stop called "Elephant & Castle" which is in a less well off portion of London and also full of hipsters. Unfortunately we missed her, but we did meet a really nice girl from Uruguay named Daniella who was also waiting for Bonnie... so we all missed her together. I rode the Tube back to a station that would take me back to Kensington with Quincey and walked home a different way than I usually do.

Again, how gorgeous is Kensington? Probably the most gorgeous. 


I will be back to see Harry one last time before I leave because I'm going to be completely honest and say that he is the most attractive guy I've met on my trip. Basically I love Dudley Dursley.

No comments:

Post a Comment